2 weeks ago I posted Part 1 in this 2 part series, So, you’ve decided to start a business? You can read this post here.
Marketing your Business:
Developing a marketing plan for your business that includes an online presence through a website and social media is a must. Your first steps include:
- Incorporating your logo and branding throughout both your online and offline presence. Make it easy for potential clients to find or recognise your business.
- Get yourself a website. You don’t need a huge outlay to have a decent website made now that WordPress is so versatile.
- Create an email address that incorporates your URL. Using free email services like Gmail or Yahoo make you look less professional.
- Find out where your clients ‘hang out’ and go there. That usually means setting up a business page on Facebook or creating a Twitter account. Social media allows you to interact with potential clients.
- Start building your list by offering a regular newsletter to clients and interested people. This is a great way to establish yourself as an authority in your field.
There are a lot of things that you have to do to set your business up properly. It is worth doing them well in the beginning because that will start your business off on a sound footing.
It can all seem quite overwhelming when you are first starting out but it is important to get everything right. Having to change your business name or logo once your business is established is really tough and can cost you the reputation and client base you’ve already built up. You have to start right back at the beginning again.
I can take the worry out of the process for you and fast track your business start-up.