I often get asked my clients and colleagues alike, “How can I increase the number of followers (or “Likers”) on my Facebook page”? The answer can vary depending on the type of business you are in, but also the market you are targeting. It’s no use having thousands of followers who have no potential interest in your product or service (although some may beg to differ) just for the sake of “numbers”.
Needless to say, these are just some of the ways I personally help my Facebook Page along:
- Post regular updates (seems obvious, right?), just make sure you don’t spam your followers, and post too much. Posting irrelevant content won’t work either, nor will posting every single Tweet in FB as well (I loathe this!).
- Use the “share” function on posts with links. Share using your personal profile, but make sure you copy and paste the text first.
- Suggest the page to your friends, using the “Suggest to Friends” link under your sidebar image.
- Run a promotion every once in a while. It doesn’t have to be about Facebook or Social Media services, it can be for anything! People will see there’s a special, and let their friends know about it if it’s of interest.
- Add a “Like” button to your website, or just link to your profile from your site.
- When you follow someone else’s Page, let them know! Introduce yourself, tell them you also have a Page and you would welcome them to join it.
- Let your Twitter friends know that you’re on Facebook too.
Do you have suggestions on ways to increase your Facebook followers? What works for you or your clients? What doesn’t? I’d love to hear your thoughts.